Thailand was well represented at the most recent Full Metal Dojo event. The weigh-ins of the 18 mixed martial arts competing in the event titled “Full Metal Dojo: Big Trouble in Little Bangkok” was hosted by the Clubhouse Sports Bar and Grill in Bangkok, Thailand on November 2, 2018.
Hosted by FDM founder Jon Nutt, the fight night took place at the Insanity Nightclub at Sukhumvit soi 11 in Bangkok on November 3, 2018. The fight card featured two amateur and seven professional MMA matches.
In the eighth bout of the evening, which was the co-main event, Loma Lookboonmee faced “Pocket Rocket” Suwanan Boonsorn. Both fighting out of Thailand, the two fighters competed for the FMD Women’s Atomweight Championship.
The referee put a stop to the bout between Loma and Suwanan at 2:06 of Round 1. The latter submitted the latter via armbar.
This marked the first professional MMA loss of Loma, who now has 2 wins and 1 loss. She is training out of Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp in Phuket, Thailand.
Now the new FMD Women’s Atomweight Champion, Suwanan improved her professional MMA record to 2 wins and 1 loss. She is training out of Team TarnThong in Bangkok.
Including Loma and Suwanan, six fighters represented Thailand at “Full Metal Dojo: Big Trouble in Little Bangkok.” The other four were Sirirot “Prince Dragon” Silchaitan, Visarut Numnoi, Chinnakit Manolai and “The Man” Jaktan Tangjan.
In the main event, Glenn “Teddy Bear” Sparv of Finland and Mehdi Bagheri of Malaysia competed for the FMD Middleweight Championship. The Finnish contender knocked out his Iranian opponent via head kick at 2:52 of Round 2.
Here are the official “Full Metal Dojo: Big Trouble in Little Bangkok” results:
1. Bantamweight: Sirirot “Prince Dragon” Silchaitan (Thailand) defeated Bryson Dean Collins (South Africa) via rear-naked submission at 1:56 of Round 2.
2. Heavyweight: Stan “Pizdanuke” Tskitishvili (Ukraine) defeated “Malaysian Superboy” Azreel Izzal Al-Hadi (Malaysia) via technical knockout at 0:35 of Round 1.
3. Bantamweight: “The Beast” O Kay Gyi (Myanmar) defeated Visarut Numnoi (Thailand) via technical knockout at 2:59 of Round 1.
4. Bantamweight: Long La (Cambodia) defeated Chinnakit Manolai (Thailand) via knockout at 0:22 of Round 1.
5. Bantamweight: “K.O.” Aung Kyaw Kyaw (Myanmar) defeated “The Man” Jaktan Tangjan (Thailand) via referee stoppage due to retirement at 3:00 of Round 2.
5. Bantamweight: Javier “Honey Badger” Trujillo (USA) defeated Vinod “Cookie Monster” Greywal (Malaysia) via rear-naked submission at 4:24 of Round 1.
6. Bantamweight: Javier “Honey Badger” Trujillo (USA) defeated Vinod “Cookie Monster” Greywal (Malaysia) via rear-naked submission at 4:24 of Round 1.
7. E-sports: Peter Davis (Malaysia) defeated Nik “The Bloodhound” Harris (Malaysia) in a “Tekken 7” contest.
8. FMD Women’s Atomweight Championship: “Pocket Rocket” Suwanan Boonsorn (Thailand) defeated Loma Lookboonmee (Thailand) via armbar submission at 2:06 of Round 1.
9. FMD Middleweight Championship: Glenn “Teddy Bear” Sparv (Finland/ Thailand) defeated Mehdi Bagheri (Iran, Malaysia) via knockout via head kick at 2:52 of Round 2.
Watch all the “Full Metal Dojo: Big Trouble in Little Bangkok” bouts here: